Download the associative statute
VinNatur Association’s Programme
The VinNatur Association unites vineyard owners from around the world that intend to defend the integrity of their territory, respecting the history, the culture and the art that have been handed down to them over time while drawing inspiration from strong ecological ethics.
To produce wine in a natural manner means fully respecting the territory, the vines and nature’s cycle and, through experimentation, limiting the use of invasive and toxic chemical and technological agents both in the vineyard and in the wine cellar.
It is the Association’s intent to preserve wine’s individuality from the standardization that chemistry, technology and industrialization have brought to the world of agriculture and particularly to wine related activities. It is the VinNatur Association’s goal to combine the forces of these vine dressers and make each of them stronger, more aware and more visible through the sharing of experiences, studies and research.
The Association invests its resources in and is particularly attentive to the needs of associated viticulturists with regards to their final consumers.
Some of the cornerstones of VinNatur’s activities are:
- the fight against pesticides: every year the Association pays for the analysis of one wine from every associated viticulturist. The analysis is based on the search for the one hundred forty active ingredients in pesticides. In other words the search is for those synthetic vine disease pesticides that get into the lymphatic system of the plant, then into the grapes and consequently into the wine produced,
- research carried out in collaboration with private laboratories and the university sphere regarding vinification techniques. In depth studies and experimentation concerning spontaneous fermentation and all of the wine aging and preservation processes,
- experimentation of innovative agricultural approaches heavily inclined toward respect for the environment. Methods whose goal it is to eliminate the use of copper and sulphur in order to reestablish a natural balance in the soil,
- organization of conventions and courses to train and inform the associates regarding the research being carried out and particularly about techniques, production and enological practices. At the same time, information and public divulgation regarding the developments of the research being carried out,
- organization of at least one annual event in which all of the associates participate to be held in the splendid setting of Villa Favorita; a moment in which all of the associated vine dressers and enthusiasts of the world of wine and the market operators can meet